Thursday, December 27, 2007

White Christmas!

So if Audrey's first Christmas wasn't eventful enough, at about noon on Christmas Day, it began to snow! This was the first White Christmas in Portland in a long time, too. My parents are coming up from the San Francisco Bay Area tomorrow, and it looks like Portland is supposed to have the most snow in years (granted, that's only about 2 inches). Should be fun.

On to other news, I was changing Audrey's diaper after a feeding and made a rookie mistake. I cleaned her #2 up and threw away the dirty diaper, and before I could get a new diaper in place, she decided to teach me a lesson. Projectile poo. Good times. Thankfully, nothing was ruined (except perhaps my pride)... the only casualties were a hospital onesie and a couple of NICU blankets.

After a we stripped her down, we had to remove all her monitoring cables (I'm not kidding; she got the stuff everywhere), and so I was able to walk around the NICU with her. We got to look out the window at the Christmas lights on the trees in the hospital courtyard, and even got to do some dancing!

Here's a happy Audrey and Daddy before the excitement.

Here we are dancing through the NICU...clean of all poop.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Congrats on the new baby. Michael and I will continue to pray for her complete recovery. She is absolutely precious in the pictures. I know you are both very proud. We miss you a lot.