Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas from the NICU



So Audrey and I had a really special time Christmas Morning. I got to go in for her midnight feeding, and she was awake and alert for a good hour after eating, so we chatted, hung out, and sang some Christmas Carols. What a Christmas gift!

Shatrine is getting discharged as I type. They have a room near the NICU that they're going to let us stay in while Audrey is still here. It's in the labor area, so as long as no one shows up needing the room, we can crash there (but we have to be ready to leave at a moment's notice). So we're going to run home for a little Christmas brunch with the Weiks, then we'll be back and lay low here at the hospital for another two days while Audrey finishes her antibiotics.

Keep praying for Shatrine as she adjusts to her pain medication (which is still leaving her itchy and uncomfortable...not to mention tired... but she's such a trooper).

Merry Christmas to you all!

3 comments:

skyblu said...

Merry Christmas you guys. She looks fab. thanks for all the updates. We love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Long time no see Glenn, and I dont think I have ever got to meet your beautiful wife....but I have been bugging John for a week now for pix of his beautiful new niece and he sent me this link. I just wanted to say how happy I am for the two of you and how beautiful your family is. I must admit that the video of mommy seeing baby for the first time got me a little misty. CONGRATS you two!

Anonymous said...

Glenn and Shatrine,
I'm so glad your little baby is home now. I spent plenty of Christmas' "on the other side" taking care of the babies as an RN. I Know 7 days was probably like an eternity - but she's beautiful and I know you both are amazing parents. We've enjoyed the updates on your blog.
With love,
Emily (and Josh) White