Saturday, December 22, 2007

Big Improvements!


At the end of day 2, Audrey's gotten much better. She's almost completely off her IV, and eating about 20ccs out of a bottle. She's still getting a little air through some tubes in her nose (hardly any at all, though), but for the most part, she's breathing great on her own. In fact, when we left her at 9pm, the nurse said that by tomorrow, she probably won't need the air tube anymore! We got great news from the doctor as well: no menengitis! We'll most likely get to take Audrey home in 5 more days once she completes the series of antibiotics. I got to feed her today, and spend quite a bit of time with her (I even changed my first poopy diaper today!).



I got to tell Audrey all about the Dodgers. Here, I'm singing her "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." I think she likes the idea of peanuts and crackerjack.

Grammy and Gramps got to come and visit as well, and Audrey was able to put on her first outfit. Shortly after this picture, Audrey moved out of the main NICU, and into a "big girl" bed on the other side of the NICU because she has gotten so much better.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Praise God! We are so happy Audrey and Mommie are doing so well!

Anonymous said...

Audrey is sooo precious! I am so happy for you guys! Please know I've been keeping you all in my prayers. Can't wait to see her ...