Sunday, March 23, 2008

Don't cry over spilt cake


So for Rob's birthday, Abigail, Shatrine, Derek, Kevin, Lisa and myself went to Vancouver to this place called "Cinetopia." It's an upscale movie theater with a nice restaurant attached. The unique thing about it was they had this wine-tasting room where they have over 100 bottles of wine from all over the world, connected to this system where you can select the wine you want to sample, and it dispenses an ounce for you to sample. Sounds a little 1984, but it was pretty cool. We found this amazing Riesling, too, so we'll see if we can track down a bottle.

Well, before the dinner part, Abigail ordered a cake from this amazing bakery in Portland; Jaciva's. Since I was in Portland picking up my mom from the airport, I swung in to pick up the cake. Sadly, in my attempt to coral Audrey and the cake, we had a slight casualty. it made for a fun story, though, and the once master-piece came out looking pretty pathetic when the waiter brought it out. Thought I'd share the pictures.


No comments: